- Access: You have the right to look at or get copies of your health information, with limited exceptions. You may request that we provide copies in a format other than photocopies. We will use the format you request unless we cannot practicably do so. You must make a request in writing to obtain access to your health information.
We will charge you a reasonable cost-based fee for expenses such as copies. If you request X-Rays, there will be a fee for any copies of films. You are not entitled to originals, only copies. Postage will be added if copies are to be mailed. If you prefer, we will prepare a summary or an explanation of your health information for a fee. Details of all fees are available from the HIPAA Coordinator.
- Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to receive a list of instances in which we or our business associates disclosed your health information for purposes, other than treatment, payment, healthcare operations and certain other activities, for the last 6 years. If you request this accounting more than once in a 12-month period, we may charge you a reasonable, cost-based fee for responding to these additional requests.
- Restriction: You have the right to request that we place additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your health information. We will keep your information confidential from your health plans if you pay cash, at your request. In some instances, we may not be required to agree to these additional restrictions, but if we do, we will abide by our agreement (except in an emergency).
- Alternative Communication: You have the right to request that we communicate with you about your health information by alternative means or to alternative locations. (You must make your request in writing.) Your request must specify the alternative means or location, and provide satisfactory explanation how payments will be handled under the alternative means or location you request
- Amendment: You have the right to request that we amend your health information. (Your request must be in writing, and must explain the reason for the amendment.) We may deny your request under certain circumstances.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
We support your right to the privacy of your health information. We will not retaliate in any way if you choose to file a complaint with us or with the HHS.